Modbus with IPmaster

Visualisierung IP-Master Web-Server, IPMS-Java
Antworten
janhein

Modbus with IPmaster

Beitrag von janhein »

Hello,

I want to use the IPmaster with the visualisation software Iridiummobile. http://www.iridiummobile.net
This has to be done with the modbus protocol.

The settings in page "Grundeinstellung" I know what to do. (I have an other software that worked fine with the IPmaster)
But can you help me with the settings page "modbus/TCP" of the IPmaster, or is there something else I have to do?

Below you see the modbus protocol of the Iridium mobile software.
Bild

Also this is the help page: http://www.iridiummobile.net/wiki/index ... figuration

Thanks
Jan Hein
Max
Technische Beratung

Re: Modbus with IPmaster

Beitrag von Max »

Hello Janhein,

first of all you need to set a Modbus Device Number to the IP-Master, which is to first adjustment on the "Modbus/TCP"-Page. (picture below)
Bild

On the picture that you posted, you can see that there are 4 different kinds of "Channels". These four Channels are also adjustable on the page "modbus/tcp".

First one is the "Input Status" type of data, this is similar to Channel one on your picture. (picture below)
Bild

The Input Status is only readable by Modbus, not writeable. So it can only show the Status of a Bit.
As you can see on the picture above, there are some things that have to be set.

"MODBUS-Start-Register-Nr." --> This is the First Modbus Register wich should be written by the IP-Master in our case it's Bit Nr. 1
"MODBUS-Länge(Anzahl Bits)" --> This adjustment is to tell the IP-Master how many Bits are used, in our case the Bits 1-22
"ISYGLT-Merker-Bank" --> Here you can set which Variables should be copied to the Modbus, in this case the "NA" Variables
"ISYGLT-Start-Merkernummer" --> This is the first Variable that gets copied to the Modbus

So in this case the Variables NA200-NA221 get copied to the "Input Register 1-22"

Use the same procedure with Channel 2 and the "Output/Coil Status (Bits)", which is the third section type of Variables on the "MODBUS/TCP"-Page.
These Variables are read- and writeable, so they are good for Buttons etc.

For Text Panels or other Values like level-bars similar to Channel 3 use the "Input Register (Byte/Word)".
Bild

It's quite similar to the adjustments of the Bit's.

"MODBUS-Start-Register-Nr." --> This is the First Modbus Register wich should be written by the IP-Master in our case it's Bit Nr. 1
"MODBUS-Länge(Anzahl Byts)" --> This adjustment is to tell the IP-Master how many Bytes are used, in our case the Byte 1-3
If you use bytes, only the LOW-BYTE of the MODBUS-WORD will be used, the HIGH-BYTE
won't be recognized.

"MODBUS-Länge(Anzahl Words)" --> This adjustment is to tell the IP-Master how many Words are used, in our case the Word 4-6
If you use Words, 2 ISYGLT Variables are needed because ISYGLT Variables only use
8bit und Modbus uses 16bit Variables.

"ISYGLT-Merker-Bank" --> Here you can set which Variables should be copied to the Modbus, in this case the "NA" Variables
"ISYGLT-Start-Merkernummer" --> This is the first Variable that gets copied to the Modbus

In our case the ISYGLT Variables NA100-NA102 get copied to the LOW-BYTES of the Modbus Input Register Variables 1-3 and the ISYGLT NA103-NA108 get copied to the Modbus Input Register Variables 4-6

NA103 --> HIGHBYTE Input Register 4
NA104 --> LOWBYTE Input Register 4
NA105 --> HIGHBYTE Input Register 5
NA106 --> LOWBYTE Input Register 5
NA107 --> HIGHBYTE Input Register 6
NA108 --> LOWBYTE Input Register 6

Use the same procedure with Channel 4 and the "Holding Register", which are read- and writeable by Modbus.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them
Bild
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Max Portenlänger
Technische Projektierung
janhein

Re: Modbus with IPmaster

Beitrag von janhein »

Hello Max,

Thanks for the answer, but I can't see your images in the forum.
If I see the images, I can start testing.

Thanks
Jan Hein.
Antworten

Mitglieder in diesem Forum: 0 Mitglieder und 1 Gast